Features & Attractions
Pakistan is an important domestic market of South East Asia growing at an impressive rate of 16% per annum. This sector contributes largely to government revenues and provide employment to more than 600,000 skilled and non- skilled work force.
The industry has seen a growth rate of 15% in 2018, where 600-700 medium and 5300 SME are added in the system.
- Estimated investment in the integrated sector of plastics, printing and packaging is approximately $ 260 Million. FDI is 49%
- There are 6,500 + plastics manufacturing units in Pakistan
- About 80 to 90% raw material imported is consumed by the industry itself
- Production capacity is 624,000 Metric Tons per annum
- Capacity utilization ranges between 43to 95%
- Raw material production is 543,000 Metric Tons per annum
- Per capita consumption of plastics in Pakistan is nearly 4.5 KG
In 2018, US$ 286 million worth of machineries were imported in Pakistan
US$ 37 million
Plastics & Rubber Machinery
US$ 122 Million
Paper & Paper Board Machinery
US$ 22 Million